Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning and work experience (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the applicant’s competency.
The documentation required to support an application for RPL may include some of the following:
- Work History and description of responsibilities
- Formal and non formal training
- Certificates, workshop’s etc.
- Performance appraisals
- Membership of relevant associations
- References from previous employers
- Other documents which showcase the applicants skills.
An assessor will assist you throughout this process
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process where skills and knowledge that you have gained through work and life experience and other unrecognised training can be formally recognised. Western Boiler Training provides a supportive approach to students wishing to take up this option.